Friday, October 23, 2009

We have decided to do In-Vitro Fertilization

After 4 years of trying to conceive and 2 miscarriages, 2 failed IUI's my doctor had me do an HSG. An HSG is an x-ray of my fallopian tubes to see if they were blocked or damaged. The x-ray came back that both my tubes were swollen and completely blocked. We opted out of surgery to repair the tubes do to the decreased chance of getting pregnant. When the doctor told me I had no chance of conceiving on my own naturally I was devastated. Our only option for more children is IVF (in-vitro fertilization). Over the next few months I will refer to in-vitro fertilization as IVF. Our process officially starts at my next appointment which is scheduled for Wednesday Oct. 28 at 10:30. At that apppointment I will have a greater understanding of what is to come over the next few weeks of this very detailed process of trying to get us pregnant.

I will be using this blog to post our journey through this stressful, exciting, mind boggling event. We are both very nervous, thrilled, anxious and scared so please keep us in your prayers and we travel this journey to a healthy pregnancy and baby/babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment